Caption - Italian State Railways (FS) 2-8-0 740.256 at Napoli loco shed on 20th July 1976. A total of 470 of these locos were built between 1911 and 1923 with many lasting until the end of steam in late 1970s. Some were kept in reserve until the 1990s. With a low axle load they were used across the network mainly on heavy freight but some saw use on branch line passenger trains.
Country - Italy Date - 1976 General Photo - 293
Photographer - Lou Johnson
Go to list of all content from Italy